'A healthy mind lies in a healthy body.'
Sports help in developing personality of a child and inculcating self discipline amongst the students. They are groomed to be better citizens and good human beings. Depending on their age and stage of development, the students are trained in various sports and games under the guidance of trained Physical Education teachers. Specialized training is given to the students everyday in the morning hours for various indoor and outdoor games/sports like chess, badminton, table-tennis, basketball, cricket, judo, skating, lawn tennis and athletics. The school is proud of numerous international and national level sports achievements. Our students stand tall with laurels of global repute.
Equipment and facilities
The school has infrastructure and facilities available for the following games and sports:-
- Discus Throw
- 100 mtr sprint
- 200 mtr sprint
- 400 mtr sprint
- 800 mtr race
- Sufficient equipment and play material is available for students. Specialized coaches are available for the games. The courts required for the games are also well maintained. Apart from these there is a provision for indoor games like chess and carrom.
- State of the art courts are available for Basketball, tennis, cricket , football, hockey , volleyball, badminton.
- In addition, 6 lane running track 50 mtr x 6 mtr is available.
- Provision of protective equipment such as pads, helmets, Gloves and fences is mandatory for all games and sports in the school.
It has long been recognized that the qualifications and qualities of a good teacher and coach are synonymous. Personnel recruitment, selection and training are very important.
In-service training is offered through seminars and workshops:
- Trained Coaches for Basketball, Taekwondo, Judo, Football, Cricket are engaged to give training to school teams.
- Practicing teachers and coaches are sent for certified First Aid training and sports clinics regularly.
Health, Fitness and Safety
- Medical supervision is available at all major events.
- Playing areas are kept clean and safe with necessary protection in the form of net or fence.
- Injured players are examined by a physician and administered proper treatment by taking him nearby hospital.
- Only equipment that is offering the best protection for the student-athlete is purchased and utilized.